Frequently Asked Questions

Does WA provide private testing services?

No. However, we have several private, qualified test administrators we recommend.

Does WA offer standardized testing required by the state?

Yes. We administer the Iowa Standardized Tests for a fee.

How successful are homeschoolers in obtaining admission to college?

Our students have been admitted to the following colleges:  Appalachian State University, Campbell College, Cedarville College, Christopher Newport University, College of Charleston, George Mason University, Greenville College, Grove City College , Guilford College, James Madison University, Liberty University, Lynchburg College, Messiah College, North Carolina State University, Old Dominion University, Patrick Henry College, Randolph Macon University, Regent University, Shenandoah University, University of Richmond, University of Virginia, U.S. Military Acad. (West Point), Va. Comm. Univ. (including schools of Music, Dance, Design), Virginia Tech and William and Mary.

Does a home schooled student need to take the GED?

No. Colleges will accept parental documentation (including Westminster Academy transcripts) to meet the requirement of completion of Carnegie Units for a high school diploma.

Does Westminster Academy produce transcripts?

Yes. We will give students a transcript for all grades earned at Westminster Academy or with one of our teachers employed as a tutor. 

Do I still need to register my student as a home schooler with my county?

Yes. You would file a "Letter of Intent to Homeschool" with your county of residence. For further information on how to complete the form, please contact our Director.

Is Westminster a full time school?

No. Our students attend classes 2 or 3 times per week. Our teachers provide classroom instruction and the students complete the majority of classwork at home. This is similar to a college environment. 

Schedule A Visit